That is not a secret that the problem connected with plastic accumulation in the nature assumed a planetary scale long ago. All the matter is that the plastic bottles cost is far lower than the cost of a glass container, therefore the population does not think it’s rational to hand over plastic in collection points. Some simply do not possess information on where it is possible to hand over plastic and not in each settlement it is possible.
Plastic bottles, generally, go to a dump together with everyday waste. Damage is really huge.
In 1999 the American oceanologist and the athlete Charles Murza testified existence of the big Pacific rubbish spot representing real threat for the organisms living in the ocean. Today it is the most enormous dump on our planet which is slowly drifting on open spaces of the Pacific Ocean.
- all rubbish floating on the surface of the World Ocean consists for 90% of plastic;
- on prospect, production of plastic tableware will continue until the size of the Great Pacific Rubbish site grow by 10 times (for comparison – such growth was during the last 40 years);
- in 2004 the weight of the Pacific "Great Rubbish Island" was 3 million tons (for comparison – in the same year the weight of oceanic plankton was 500 thousand tons, that is 6 times less);
- the area of "Great Rubbish Island" can be compared with the State of Texas (rubbish weight on this dump is about 100 million tons now);
- plastic products do not rot (biological decomposition) and can lie on dumps about three centuries.
Scientists in the modern world try to solve this difficult environmental problem due to receiving new biodegradable packings. However, implementation of the latest technologies on the plants producing plastic bottles, unfortunately, is too expensive for most of the enterprises. Besides, consequences of excessive use of plastic are so awful that the problem solution demands active actions right now. Plastic belongs to almost not decaying waste category. Its disintegration goes extremely slowly. The optimal solution is a utilization of material by repeated processing with a repeatedly cycle. The main purpose is return to production and increase in ecology. The advantage of utilization is making from waste the additional quantity of necessary products and not polluting environment.